Resources to build Cultural Competence
Cultural Diagnoses: A communication based learning resource
- Encourages doctors to become more self-aware of the cultural basis of some of their attitudes and behaviour and how these may differ from those of colleagues and patients.
- Presents a number of communication strategies to maximise cross cultural communication.
A workbook provides activities, questions for reflection and background information.
Judith Miralles & Associates - Website
(Go to RESOURCES section)
Culturally competent medical practice is now only a mouse click away with the Culture Mate website. An annual licence provides access to practical and evidence-based:
- Learning resource with interactive case studies.
- Targeted demographic data on the cultural makeup of specific localities.
- Detailed snapshots (including migration history, cultural values and demographics) on all countries of birth represented in the latest Census.