ISBAR is a communication strategy to enhance structure communication and referral between healthcare professionals and health care teams. ISBAR stands for:
- Identify - self and others
- Situation - state the purpose of the call / contact and is it urgent?
- Background - tell the story
- Assessment - your interpretation of the situation and degree of certainty
- Request - state what you want from the other person.
Further information including tutorials and information sheets can be found on the VMIA website.