- Victorian trained Nursing/Midwifery students (Australian or New Zealand citizen/Australian permanent resident)
- Current Victorian trained Postgraduate Diploma in Midwifery students (Australian or New Zealand citizen/Australian permanent resident) undertaking the clinical placement model. (NB: These candidates can only select Midwifery positions).
- Current Victorian resident – Distance Education Nursing/Midwifery student (Australian or New Zealand citizen/Australian permanent resident)
- Interstate trained Nursing/Midwifery Students (Australian or New Zealand citizen/Australian permanent resident)
- New Zealand trained Nursing/Midwifery Students (New Zealand citizen)
- Eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status
- Have not previously participated in a Graduate Nursing or Graduate Midwifery Program at a Victorian health service.
(Exemption: Candidates who are currently completing a Postgraduate Diploma in Midwifery may have previously completed a Graduate Nursing Program. These candidates remain eligible to participate in the 2022 GNMP Match but must ONLY nominate midwifery positions in their preference list)
- Completed a nursing and/or midwifery Bachelor or Masters degree in the academic year – January 2022 to June 2023
Course completion relates to when attendance of all academic subjects / placements are complete not the graduation date or issue of exam results.
Note: Candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to prospective employers.
The following are NOT eligible to participate in the GNMP allocation and placement process:-
- New Zealand permanent residents
- International full fee / temporary resident students
- Students who completed their degree prior to January 2022
- Candidates who are currently completing a Postgraduate Diploma in Midwifery and are employed by a Health Service.
These students may apply for unmatched positions directly by contacting health services that have unmatched places from 24 October 2022
Under exceptional circumstances, a candidate may request special consideration to be included in a Match process for which they do not meet the essential criteria or where they might otherwise be ineligible. The candidate must contact the PMCV Graduate Nurse / Midwifery Program Officer in the first instance to assess eligibility, before a final decision can be made, or guidance offered.