In this article
The Hitting the Ground Running (HTGR): IMG Orientation face-to-face Program is currently on hold until further notice. We have introduced the HTGR program to an online environment to offer more flexibility.
The HTGR program integrates all non-hospital/practice specific orientation content required for completion of the initial 3 month orientation report to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) / Medical Board of Australia (MBA).
This program is open to International Medical Graduates employed or about to commence employment within the Australian health system (Hospital-based and General Practice).
Orientation to the Australian Healthcare System
- Structure & Funding
- Medicare Australia
- Prescribing - Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme Provider & Prescriber Numbers
- Interface between private and public health services
Legislation and Professional Practice
- Legislative Frameworks, including the Coroner’s Act
- Litigation and Indemnity
- Patient rights and responsibilities, Patient complaints Patient
- Consent and Adolescent Autonomy
- Child Safety
- Access to health/medical records and Confidentiality
Communication & Cultural Safety in the workplace
- Cultural awareness; safety; respect and competence
- Doctor – patient relationship
- Communication Strategies
Indigenous Australians Cultural Awareness
- History of Aboriginal culture, colonisation and government policy
- Understanding/concept of health
- Aboriginal Health Issues
- Working with Aboriginal patients
Find HTGR Online Program Timetable here.
September Program: Wednesday 2 & Friday 4 September 2020. Register here
October Program: Wednesday 7 & Friday 9 October 2020. Register here
November Program: Wednesday 4 & Friday 6 November 2020. Register here
December Program: Wednesday 2 & Friday 4 December 2020. Register here
*A minimum of 10 participants required for the program to be delivered.
**Registrations close 1 week prior to commencement of Session 1.
$330* AUD + Booking Fee
- Registration (excluding admin fee) will be refunded for cancellation up to 7 days prior to the event.
- Registration will not be refunded for cancellation less than 7 days or non-attendance.
For further information on the Hitting the Ground Running (HTGR) Program, please contact Laura Cotrone (Education Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org.