PMCV recognises 2024 as an opportunity for health services to commence engaging and familiarising prevocational supervisors and PGY1 doctors with EPAs in lead up to formal implementation in 2025.
The 2024 PMCV PGY1 Observed Practice Pilot aims to:
- Identify change management strategies to support the formal implementation in 2025.
- Identify additional resources that will support the formal implementation in 2025.
- Minimise the associated impact of formal implementation in 2025.
Health services may choose to participate in one of the three proposed studies, or alternatively a health service specific study can be submitted to PMCV for consideration.
Pilot 1: Longitudinal study on a small number of PGY1 doctors over the 3 terms
Pilot 2: Term EPA study by Clinical Unit
Pilot 3: Parent and Secondment Hospital Study
Pilot 4: Health Service Specific Study
Details of the proposed studies are outlined in the 2024 PMCV PGY1 Observed Practice Pilot document below.
Health services participating in the pilot are required to complete this PMCV PGY1 Observed Practice Pilot Declaration which includes:
- Nominating a pilot lead within the organisation and
- Indicating which pilot is likely to be undertaken (see options under Pilot Participants).
Questions regarding the pilot should be directed to Maaki Dusanovic, PMCV Statewide Project Manager via NFPMT@pmcv.com.au